Thursday, July 7, 2022

I Have No Title for This

These random cards were picked up from the same seller (I think) on Ebay.  There was no real rhyme or reason for them, they just kind of caught my eye.

1.  Kevin Pillar.  This was the Royal Blue parallel from Topps Update.  I probably should have done an update post to my All-Time One-Year Wonder post for right fielders for Pillar.  He was signed as a free agent prior to the 2020 season and was playing very well for Boston before being traded at the deadline to Colorado.  Pillar ended up hitting .274/.325/.470 with four home runs, 13 RBIs and seven doubles in just 30 games.  It would not have been enough to unseat Cody Ross (who was eventually replaced by Hunter Renfroe's 2021 season), but it was a good year.

2.  Xander Bogaerts.  This is a 2017 Gypsy Queen image variation of Bogaerts.  I have always felt Bogaerts was somewhat underrepresented in my collection, so I grabbed this one.  That doesn't appear to actually be true as he is close to passing Mookie Betts, but as long as he has played for Boston, he should be much higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment