Saturday, October 30, 2021

Topps Color Parallels

 


My next package to show off contained a couple of the retail-only parallels from 2019 Topps.  The yellow cards are exclusive to Walmart, while the purples were exclusive to Meijer, a store I do not have anywhere close to me.  So obviously these are difficult to come by for me.  So we have Mookie Betts and Rick Porcello here.  

I still pick up the occasional Mookie Betts card these days.  Tough not to, as he was simply one of the best players to wear a Red Sox uniform in my lifetime.  It is a shame he is no longer on the team, but it is time to move on, while recognizing his importance to the team's recent history.  

And then there is Porcello.  I have mentioned before that Porcello seems underrepresented in my collection.  I need to work on that.  Porcello is still the most recent Red Sox pitcher to win the Cy Young Award.  It may not have been the most deserving choice, though the field was wide open in 2016, but it is the way it is.

1 comment:

  1. I always associate the yellow parallels with Walgreens. There is one Meijer kinda close to me but they haven't had cards out for a while because of The Virus (they took over the purple parallels from Toys R Us).

    ReplyDelete