Monday, July 3, 2017

Archives and Series 2 Blasters

The local Walmart has been making me angry lately.  I have not been buying a ton of cards, but I would at least like to have the option of getting the new stuff.  For some reason, the local store has not gotten in Archives at all and only recently got in Series 2.  I look forward to Archives every year, so this has been annoying.  So when I had to go out of town for work recently (stupid continuing legal education), I decided to splurge a bit and buy a couple of blasters.

The Archives blaster was decent, but did not give me anything really impressive:
Just some base cards of Kimbrel, Benintendi, Garciaparra, and Betts.  I do really like the picture on the Betts card though.  I was hoping for the Tim Wakefield Fan Favorites auto.  Oh well.

The Series 2 blaster though featured a lot of low-end Red Sox inserts:
The only base card was Tyler Thornburg, who has yet to pitch for Boston after being acquired in exchange for Travis Shaw.  That trade is hurting pretty badly right now.  I really like the Foxx and Yastrzemski All-Time All Star cards.  Especially the Foxx card.  I count the promo cards like that Topps Now thing in my Red Sox collection.  Unfortunately I did not win a free Topps Now card.  One of these days I am going to do a big post on Carlton Fisk Game 6 cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment