Friday, February 6, 2015

Buckets of Parallels

I have been a bit more active on the trading forums recently and I have actually gotten some stuff done.  This trade nailed a whole bunch of parallels from 2014 Topps Update, which was pretty exciting:
1.  2014 Topps Update Target Red Jackie Bradley Jr.  Recently JBJ has announced he will be adopting the Marshawn Lynch style of media interaction.  I really like JBJ, but this probably spells doom for his time in Boston.

2.  2014 Topps Update Target Red Allen Craig.  Craig will likely be traded at some point this season, particularly if he is healthy.

3.  2014 Topps Update Target Red David Ross.  I still love this picture.

4.  2014 Topps Update Mookie Betts RC.  I had the photo variation before, now I have the base card.

5.  2014 Topps Update Target Red Rubby De La Rosa.  Now with the Diamondbacks after being traded in the deal that brought Wade Miley.

6.  2014 Topps Update Target Red Joe Kelly.  Kelly has announced he plans to win the AL Cy Young Award.  I like that confidence, not real likely though.

7.  2014 Topps Update Target Red Yoenis Cespedes.  Already traded to Detroit to bring Rick Porcello over.

8.  2014 Topps Update Target Red Edward Mujica.  Possible closer-in-waiting, or trade bait if Alexi Ogando is healthy.

9.  2014 Topps Update Wal Mart Blue David Ross.
10.  2014 Topps Update Wal Mart Blue Jon Lester AS.  I need the base version and I will have the team set.

11.  2014 Topps Update Wal Mart Blue Brock Holt.  I am a big fan of Brock Star.

12.  2014 Topps Update Target Red Koji Uehara AS.  Hopefully his little misstep last season is over and he will be back to dominating the 9th inning.

13.  2014 Topps Update Gold Allen Craig.

14.  2014 Topps Update Wal Mart Blue Koji Uehara AS.

15.  2014 Topps Update Wal Mart Blue Jonathan Herrera.  The emergence of Holt made his job obsolete last year.

16.  2014 Topps Update Wal Mart Blue Joe Kelly.

17.  2014 Topps Update 1989 Mini David Ortiz.  Big milestone.  That is card #500 of Ortiz, joining Jason Varitek, Nomar Garciaparra, Pedro Martinez, and Manny Ramirez as Red Sox players I have 500 or more cards of.

18.  2014 Topps Update Future is Now Mookie Betts.  A cinch to win a starting outfield spot this year.
19.  2014 Topps Update Red Hot Foil Allen Craig.

20.  2014 Topps Update Red Hot Foil Jon Lester AS.

21.  2014 Topps Chrome Update World Series Heroes Refractor Pedro Martinez.  I suspect we will be seeing a lot more Pedro cards this year.

22.  2014 Topps Chrome Update Mookie Betts.  And a lot of Betts cards as well.

And the big card of this trade is a manufactured World Series MVP patch of Manny Ramirez.  I love this card.  Makes me think of the 2004 World Series Championship, a huge time in the life of this Red Sox fan.  Very happy to add this.  I just wish they did one for all World Series MVPs, then there could be a Mike Lowell card as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment