Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Another Zippy Zapping

It happened again.  I reached into my post office box only to find that I have been zapped again.  Zippy Zapped.  Luckily, there is no better way to be zapped than to be Zippy Zapped.  So I pulled out the chunk of cardboard and found a terrific example of why Kenny is one of the most generous members of the blogosphere.  Lots of prospects, some Japanese-only cards, and some other random stuff as well.

Behold:
1.  2012 Bowman Chrome Refractor Clay Buchholz.  Buch is the only holdover from the 2013 World Series championship rotation.  When he is good, he's very good.  When he is bad, he's very bad.  More often, he is injured.   Hopefully he will be good this season.

2.  2014 Bowman Draft Top Prospects Trey Ball.  Boston's highest draft pick since Trot Nixon.  I think I say that a lot.

3.  2014 Bowman Draft Top Prospects Rafael Devers.  Huge power for a prospect, he could crack the Top 10 prospects in all of baseball by next year.  And he is just 18.

4.  2014 Bowman Draft Draft Picks Michael Chavis.  Boston's first round pick in the 2014 draft.

5.  2014 Bowman Draft Top Prospects Sean Coyle.  He has re-emerged as a potential top prospect but is more likely trade bait.

6.  2010 Sega Card-Gen Marco Scutaro.  I love that Kenny sends translations of these things.  I loved Scutaro when he was in Boston and was surprised when they traded him.

7.  2013 Sega Card-Gen Jacoby Ellsbury.  Traitor bastard.  Just kidding.  I don't really harbor much ill will to him, though I always thought his problem in Boston was being under the microscope.  Which is not helped by going to New York.

8.  2013 Sega Card-Gen Foil Jacoby Ellsbury.  I like these foil cards.  I assume they were pretty rare.

9.  2013 Sega Card-Gen Foil David Ortiz.  That is Ortiz #499.  One more to 500.

10.  2008 Kellogg's Manny Ramirez.  Why don't cereal companies put cards in their boxes anymore?  I would totally start eating cereal again.

11.  2014 Bowman Chrome Draft Top Prospects.  Boston's highest draft pick since Trot Nixon.  I think I say that a lot.

12.  2011 Bowman Chrome Draft Draft Picks Blue Refractor Henry Owens.  Look for him to be a big part of the Red Sox rotation for years to come.  I suspect he will make his debut later this year.

13.  2014 Bowman Chrome Future of the Franchise Blake Swihart.  I got into an argument with a Yankees fan on a forum the other day who thought Swihart would be good, but nothing special.  I think he will be an elite catcher who can hit for power and average, and play great defense.

14.  2014 Bowman Draft Top Prospects Black Blake Swihart.  Kenny has been showing these cards off a little bit on his blog, apparently the black-bordered cards are exclusive to Asia.

15.  2014 Bowman Draft Draft Picks Black Sam Travis.  Boston's fourth round pick of the 2014 draft, he has quite a bit of power.

16.  2014 Bowman Draft Top Prospects Black Rafael Devers.  Awesome, another Devers.  My collection begins.

17.  2014 Bowman Draft Duos Michael Chavis/Michael Kopech.  The first round pick and the first round supplemental pick together.

18.  2014 Bowman Draft Draft Day Michael Chavis.  I like these cards.  The look of excitement on his face is awesome.

Thanks for the cards, Kenny!

5 comments:

  1. Wow didn't think you'd get the cards so soon.

    Glad you liked the cards :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was recently Zippy Zapped (meaning sometime in late 2014), but the scans are lost in the vast ocean that is my 'Scans to be Cropped/Posted' folder and I haven't gotten around to processing them. Every time I see a Zippy Zapping post I get a guilty feeling inside because of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got Zapped myself recently. Looks like a lot of similar cards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was fortunate enough to come across a lot of similar BoSox cards and wanted to send you both equal (or near equal) packages. Hopefully I can do so again next time.

      Delete