Friday, July 12, 2013

Huge Maildays With More from Zippy Zappy

Lots to get through today, so let's get started right away.

On one of the forums over the weekend a bunch of people were selling a lot of random singles and I found a ton of stuff.  I spent a little more than I would have liked, but I got a lot of good stuff.  The next two scans are from one such seller:
1.  2012 Topps Gypsy Queen Framed Gold Carl Yastrzemski.

2.  2013 Bowman Silver Ice Dustin Pedroia.

3.  2013 Bowman Orange Jon Lester.

4.  2013 Bowman Chrome Cream of the Crop Allen Webster.  This is one of my favorite insert sets of the season.  I still need Jackie Bradley Jr. and Xander Bogaerts.

5.  2012 Topps Wal Mart Blue Carl Crawford.  I still love getting cards of Crawford even if his stint in Boston left a lot to be desired.

6.  2012 Topps Wal Mart Blue Josh Reddick.

7.  2012 Finest Green Refractor Adrian Gonzalez.  I feel the same way about A-Gon as I do about Crawford, though he played a lot better for Boston.

8.  2012 Bowman Platinum Prospects Refractor Garin Cecchini.  Suddenly Middlebrooks is not the definite long-term answer at third base, especially with Cecchini playing as well as he has.

9.  2012 Bowman Platinum Gold Adrian Gonzalez.
10.  2012 Bowman Chrome Draft Picks and Prospects Draft Picks Blue Refractor Brian Johnson.  Boston's second first round pick of last year has not performed well so far.  There is time though.

11.  2012 Bowman Chrome Purple Refractor Jacoby Ellsbury.

12.  2012 Bowman Chrome Green Refractor Dustin Pedroia.  Ooooh.  Pretty colors.

13.  2012 Bowman Chrome Blue Refractor Dustin Pedroia.

Up next is a second big buy.
14.  2012 Topps Chrome Xfractor Mike Aviles.  One of the few cards available of Aviles as a Red Sox.  I try to get as many variations of this as I can.

15.  2010 Topps 206 Chrome Refractor Josh Beckett.

16.  2006 Topps Turkey Red Black Coco Crisp.  I did not have any black parallels from this set.  Pretty neat cards.

17.  2005 Leaf Limited Keith Foulke.  A card off of my want list.

18.  2000 Revolution Triple Header Nomar Garciaparra.  I love Pacific inserts, some really nice cards.

19.  2001 Pacific Ornaments Pedro Martinez.

20.  2002 Topps 206 Polar Bear Pedro Martinez.

21.  2010 Topps Heritage Chrome Victor Martinez.  I love getting cards of Victor Martinez from his time with Boston too.  He was pretty successful, even if he did shove Jason Varitek into a backup role.

22.  2008 Upper Deck Goudey Head's Up Daisuke Matsuzaka.  I love this card.  Just a neat, unusual card.
23.  2005 Leaf Certified Materials Certified Skills David Ortiz.

24.  2008 Upper Deck X Xponential David Ortiz.

25.  2010 Topps National Chicle National Chicle Back David Ortiz.

26.  2012 Topps Chrome Refractor David Ortiz.  Another one from the wantlist.  This one was on it due to a trade that fell through earlier.  I don't like thinking I am getting a card and then not get it.

27.  2008 Upper Deck Baseball Heroes Emerald Jonathan Papelbon/Manny Ramirez/Jason Varitek/David Ortiz.  One of the rare Varitek cards I did not have previously.

28.  2008 Upper Deck X Die Cut Gold Jonathan Papelbon.

29.  2009 Upper Deck Starquest Uncommon Blue Jonathan Papelbon.

30.  2007 Topps Chrome Red Refractor Wily Mo Pena.  I liked Wily Mo.  This is a nice card.

31.  2008 Upper Deck Baseball Heroes Emerald Jason Varitek.  Another Varitek I did not have.
32.  2011 Topps Gypsy Queen Framed Gold Kevin Youkilis.

33.  2011 Topps Lineage Stand Ups Kevin Youkilis.

I mentioned in an earlier post about a recent Hall of Famer binge on Ebay.  This is the big one:
34.  2011 Topps Update Manufactured Glove Leather Patch Babe Ruth.  I panicked briefly when I looked at this one in hand.  There is no team designation.  Coupled with the #3 on the patch I was suddenly not convinced this was a Red Sox card.  So I did some research based on the small picture of Babe Ruth.  The Red Sox did not have any sort of logo on their caps during the Babe's time with them.  The Yankees always had the familiar NY logo on theirs.  So I now feel safe in declaring that despite the #3, this is a Red Sox card.

Up next was a couple of cards from Kenny, aka Zippy Zappy.  He asked about a Yankees parallel on one of my tradebait posts and I offered to send it to him with some extras to even up the last trade.  He did send me some stuff and I am once again grateful.
35.  2012 Bowman Sterling Will Middlebrooks.  This is just an incredibly classy-looking card.  Hopefully Middlebrooks makes it back.

36.  2013 Topps Jon Lester.  One of the remaining base cards from 2013 Topps I still needed.

Thanks again Kenny!

Finally, one of the bigger trades I have made this year:
2013 Topps Rookie of the Year Dustin Pedroia.  Topps has been doing this big, heavy award cards for a couple of years now but I had yet to get a single one.  Until now.  Someone on the forums had this for trade.  This was a difficult trade to work out.  These things are in high demand and rare so working out a trade was a challenge.  Until I picked up a bunch of Orioles inserts in a blaster.  I offered up multiple Orioles inserts, parallels, and a ton of other red parallels for this and eventually worked it out.  It was well worth it.  This goes up there with the Mike Cameron rip card as one of my favorite cards I got in a trade this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment