Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Two-Card Package

Well this is certainly a random package of players.  I am not sure why I bought these two cards in particular, but I guess I will not argue.


1.  Carlton Fisk.  This card comes from the Topps X Super 70's set.  This is kind of a boring shot of Fisk, but as I have said previously, I tend to pick up lots of Fisk cards.  

2.  Joe Lahoud.  This was a fairly cheap vintage card I needed.  I think I was originally under the impression it was short-printed, which is not the case.  Lahoud spent four years with the Red Sox as a fourth outfielder.  His best season was in 1971 when he hit 14 home runs with a line of .215/.330/.438.  Lahoud was part of a large package of players sent to the Brewers in a big trade.  Boston sent Lahoud, Ken Brett, Billy Conigliaro, George Scott and Jim Lonborg to Milwaukee for Tommy Harper, Marty Pattin, Lew Krausse and Pat Skrable.  Definitely a franchise-altering trade for both teams.

No comments:

Post a Comment