Friday, December 31, 2021

Insert Lot

I am going to throw some posts together this weekend that will be posted over the next few days, then I will be taking some time off because I have a couple jury trials to do.  So this weekend will be pretty active for getting posts done.

Up first is this insert and parallel lot:


The first card I want to draw attention to is the David Ortiz card.  Topps, in their infinite wisdom, decided to do cards that are pictures of a really high-end autographed card.  These cards are not autographed.  Just pictures of autographs.  I cannot imagine the disappointment some people felt seeing those if they did not already know about it.

Jeisson Rosario was acquired last year in the Mitch Moreland trade with the Padres.  Rosario was the player I was most excited about.  Unfortunately, he did not have a very good year in 2021.  It's possible that is due to the fact that there was no minor league season in 2020 so he was rusty.  Hopefully he will rebound next season.

Jonathan Papelbon is on the Hall of Fame ballot for the first time this year.  I will cover that more in depth soon.


And we have some more.  Michael Chavis was traded away to Pittsburgh last trading deadline for lefty reliever Austin Davis.  Chavis was never able to recapture the form he showed after he was called up in 2019.  I liked him, but the strikeouts could be aggravating.  Maybe he will have better luck with the Pirates. 

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! I don't understand those Through the Years with the fake autos on them. Shame on Topps for that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The people who pull those "Through The Years" cards aren't nearly as disappointed as those who buy them online. I've seen them going for hundreds of dollars. Some dealers are only too happy to put "Auto" and such in the description. Maybe they'll put "RP" or something there, but I'm sure there are a lot of people bidding who think they're getting something they're not. Terrible, terrible decision by Topps. (Not that the dealers aren't responsible for their actions, but Topps didn't have to set it up for them.

    ReplyDelete