Thursday, December 23, 2021

The Jason Varitek Quest for 1,000: #969 (Plus Mo Vaughn)

Yes, I am still working on this.  I have sort of abandoned my Tzu-Wei Lin collection, though I am obviously keeping the cards.  Lin played in just one game in 2021 with the Twins and looks to be on the move again.  So, the Jason Varitek collection is the only player collection within my Red Sox collection that is still active.  He appeared quite a bit this year.  Here is the first one:


Topps created a set that was curated in partnership with Derek Jeter.  Jeter hand-picked the players that would appear in the set.  Shockingly, there were quite a few Red Sox cards (hilariously Alex Rodriguez does not appear in the set).  Here are just two of them: Jason Varitek and Mo Vaughn.  I had to grab them both because they have each been my favorite player at one point in time.  Vaughn took over as my favorite player some time around 1994 and was my guy until Nomar Garciaparra burst upon the scene.  Varitek became my favorite player some time around 2003 and remains my favorite player of all time.  So I definitely had to grab these two.

No comments:

Post a Comment