Friday, September 11, 2020

The Jason Varitek Quest for 1,000: #962 (Hope Diamond Edition)

One of the most stunning parallels in recent years was the Hope Diamond parallel of 2011 Topps.  At the time, I was not as focused on my Jason Varitek collection as I had been previously and so that set kind of slipped by me.  I was not sure I would ever find it.  Until just recently:


Yes, I have added the Hope Diamond parallel to my Jason Varitek collection bringing me to within 38 cards of my goal.  The scan does not do this card justice.  This is a very beautiful parallel.  It is serial-numbered to just 50 and is the third Hope Diamond parallel in my Red Sox collection (joining Josh Beckett and Alfredo Aceves).

1 comment:

  1. These Hope Diamonds were very pretty and somehow got rarer over time (guess there are more people building the set with them than I thought), congrats on nailing one down.

    ReplyDelete