Thursday, December 21, 2023

A Wong Way To Go

My last few posts have not had Connor Wong cards in them.  That was not destined to last.  I just have not been keeping up with taking pics of new cards.  So, buckle up.  Today won't be too bad, but there are a lot.  I might stop doing the one card per scan thing, just because it's such a long process.

Donruss Optic Rookie Autographs Pink Velocity Prizm.  It has been awhile since I have gotten one of these parallels.  Nice to add a new one.

Topps Update Mother's Day Pink.  Numbered to 50.  Not a great scan, it's hard to tell what color this is.

Panini Prizm Rookie Autographs Blue Prizm.  I am kind of at the point where I am just filling holes among cards that are not new.  This is one I probably passed up several times.  At one point I said I probably would not super-collect Wong.  That didn't happen.

Topps Pristine Red.  Serial-numbered to just five.  There have been a few red parallels numbered to five showing up lately.

Donruss Optic Carolina Blue Prizm.  I missed out on this card at one point early in my collection and always regretted that.  I grabbed it now.  If only I could get a couple of the other ones I missed out on again.  

Topps Gallery Printing Plate Cyan.  Most of my printing plates lately have been Cyan.  

What's this?  Some non-Connor Wong cards?

1.  Enmanuel Valdez.  Valdez was acquired in the Christian Vazquez trade and is in the mix at second base for 2024.  He hit .266/.311/.453 with six home runs, 19 RBIs and five stolen bases in 49 games.

2.  Rob Refsnyder.  His 2023 season was not nearly as good as his 2022 season.  He hit just .248/.365/.317 with one home run and 28 RBIs, but he continued to kill lefties.

3.  Topps Update Father's Day Blue.  And here is the Wong card that those came with.

Topps Gallery Rookie Autographs Blue.  

Topps Update Black Cat.  Closing things out is one of the rarer Halloween parallels from Topps Update.  This is the Black Cat parallel, serial-numbered to ten.  I still would like to add all of them, but the 1/1 is on Ebay right now for an ungodly price.

As always, many more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment