Friday, September 6, 2019

Two Trades, Two Aces

I finally got my tradelist updated and began working out some deals again.  It has been a long time and there are a LOT of holes in my collection from this year in particular.  I received two packages today and one of them helps with the 2019 needs.  The other one is much older, but still terrific.  Both packages contained a single card and both of them were cards of ace starting pitchers who helped the Red Sox to a World Series.
Here is the 2005 Topps Fan Favorites Autograph of Jim Lonborg, the Red Sox ace during the Impossible Dream season and Boston's first Cy Young Award winner.  I need to go back and pick up a bunch of the old Fan Favorites autos.  This Lonborg is awesome as it shows his high leg kick windup.  Lonborg unfortunately injured his leg skiing in the offseason after the 1967 season and was never quite as impressive again.
And this is the 2019 Topps Heritage short-printed Chris Sale card, who was the ace of the 2018 World Championship team.  Sale has not won a Cy Young Award, yet, but he has often been one of the best pitchers in the game.  That was certainly true last season.

1 comment:

  1. I think I love single card mail days just as much as a padded yellow mailer full of cards. You have a couple of nice ones there!

    ReplyDelete