Monday, September 9, 2019

Mailday Roundup

Here is another mailday roundup showing off some cards that I have picked up in trades.  Many of them are wantlist hits.
This is an incomplete trade at this time.  One of the cards I was supposed to get was missing.  The other party said he would send out quickly though, so I am not complaining.  The highlights here are Ted Williams in his military uniform when he was a fighter pilot, a nice Prizm parallel of Chris Sale, and the Sam Travis card.  Travis is having a decent year trying to audition for a full-time job next season.  I also love the Eduardo Núñez card because I love any World Series highlight card from a year the Red Sox won.

I am not as active in getting Steven Wright cards due to his off-field issues and his injury problems any more, but he is a knuckleballer, so of course I have to try to get some stuff.
This trade filled a lot of older holes in my collection.  I love deals like that.  The cards date back to 1992 and nothing is more recent than 2003.  No, that 1993 Bowman Clemens is not cut in half, this is just a terrible scan.  The highlight is probably the Eckersley insert from 1999, after his second tour of duty in Boston.  But there are a lot of goodies in there: Canseco insert, Clemens highlight card, and Papelbon rookie card.

No comments:

Post a Comment