Saturday, March 8, 2014

A Thorn(ton) in My Side

Just one card to show off today.  Last night I had to go to Wal-Mart to pick up some random items and decided to pick up a rack pack of Topps.  I have not been thrilled with my pack breaks much this year.  Not a lot of Red Sox to show for them, and even fewer inserts/parallels.  I figured at five bucks it would not be a total loss if I didn't get anything.  Toward the bottom of my new stack though, I pulled this:
1.  2014 Topps Green Matt Thornton.  Now that's what I like to see.  These parallels come one per rack pack, so they are not exactly rare, but it's nice to finally pull something for the Red Sox.  Thornton of course did not make the World Series roster last year and will be with the Yankees this year, but it's nice to see Topps putting in some middle relievers in the flagship set.

No comments:

Post a Comment