Thursday, March 14, 2013

Pack Breaks 03/14/2013 and Game Summaries 03/10-03/14

I am going to start posting my latest pack breaks.  I used to do this regularly a while ago, but it's time to keep it up.  I like buying packs and getting good cards out of them  It is very satisfying to get a good Red Sox card, unfortunately it is also very rare.

Today on my way back to my office from Court, I stopped off at Target to try my hand at a blaster of 2013 Heritage.  I like Heritage pretty well because Topps puts in some efforts to put a lot of different players in the set and it is usually the first one featuring players in new uniforms.

Today, I got two Red Sox:
155 Red Sox Sockers featuring Will Middlebrooks and David Ortiz.  This is an homage to the 1964 card with Chuck Schilling and Carl Yastrzemski.

385 Pedro Ciriaco.  This one is my favorite of the two.  There are tons of Ortiz cards and a steadily increasing number of Middlebrooks cards, but I really like cards of lesser-known players.  This is the first Red Sox card of Ciriaco.

I also actually got a jersey card today, something that has become increasingly rare.  Frustratingly it is a Rangers jersey card of Mike Napoli.  Oh if only he had signed his contract with the Red Sox sooner.  Then this might be a Red Sox card.

03/10/2013
Red Sox 6 Rays 2
John Lackey was a little hittable in this one but still got the win.  He could surprise some people this year.

Player of the Game:  David Ross (1 for 3, 3 run home run).

03/11/2013
Marlins 8 Red Sox 7
Boston blew a big lead with Rubby De La Rosa and Chris Carpenter taking beatings.  It outshined a decent offensive day which featured home runs by Mike Carp, Will Middlebrooks, and Jackie Bradley Jr.

Player of the Game:  Jackie Bradley Jr. (3 for 4, run, 2 RBIs, home run, double)

03/12/2013
Red Sox 5 Blue Jays 3
Clay Buchholz is having a nice Spring Training.

Player of the Game:  Clay Buchholz (4 IP, 3 hits, 1 strikeout)

03/14/2013
Red Sox 7 Twins 3
Player of the Game:  Jacoby Ellsbury (2 for 3, 2 runs, RBI, double).

No comments:

Post a Comment