Sunday, March 24, 2013

My Top 10 Wanted Cards

I have seen several other bloggers list their Top 10 Wants along the side of their blogs, so I figured why not? I will put this on the side as well and will update whenever one gets marked off.

1. 2012 Topps Update #US-5B James Loney 
This is very likely to be the only Red Sox card ever of James Loney and it is a super short-printed card, making its value very high for a less-than-impressive player.

2. 2009 SP Legendary Cuts #145 Oil Can Boyd 
Boyd was always more infamous than famous, but somehow he ended up getting a card in Legendary Cuts.  This one is also short-printed and difficult to find.

3. 2006 Flair Showcase Hot Gloves #14 J.T. Snow
I loved these inserts and for a long time I had no idea that Snow was pictured with the Red Sox in this one.  I have the Varitek and even a printing plate for the Varitek.  This one has eluded me however.  It's definitely a cool card for a player who spent a very short time with the Red Sox.

4. 1995 Collector's Choice #572 Rheal Cormier 
These extended cards were available through a mail-in offer, you had to pull the card that permitted you to order a certain number of cards.  I have all of the cards you could mail in to get the extended cards, but not until well after the deal was available.  So I missed out.

5. 1992 Topps Gold #127 Carlos Quintana (Not the Winners card, I have that one)
At one point I tried to get all of the Carlos Quintana cards in existence.  I made several attempts to get this one, but I kept getting the Winners card.

6. 1994 Score Rookie/Traded Changing Places #CP5 Otis Nixon
Similar to the Quintana card above, I kept getting sent the base card.  There is an insert out there, I am sure of it.

7. 2008 Bowman Chrome Prospects #BCP137 Yamaico Navarro
He did not last long as a Red Sox, and this is the only base card available of him, but I do not have it, so I want it.

8. 1985 Donruss #40 Charlie Mitchell
I have always loved the Rated Rookies subsets in Donruss from 1984 through 1993.  This is the only Red Sox Rated Rookies card I do not own.

9. 2010 Topps Attax #30 Mike Cameron 
One thing that you will find out about me is that I love getting non-base cards of players that do not have a lot of them.  This card of Mike Cameron qualifies.

10. 2012 Topps Allen & Ginter #46 Jarrod Saltalamacchia
This one just eludes me for some crazy reason.  Every time I work out a trade for 2012 A&G cards, the other party never seems to have this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment