Wednesday, August 2, 2023

First Post in a Wong Time

My trial settled, so I can try to get back to it.  There's a lot to show off, which I will break up a little bit.

Panini Prizm Neon Orange.  This card is numbered to 100.  Of course the card I have been after for a long time due to not receiving it from a seller in the Spring is the Mosaic Orange Fluorescent.  This is similar, but not the card.

Topps Japan Purple.  This is just my third parallel from this set.  There is a ways to go.

Panini National Treasures Field Gear.  I previously had the dual card with two nice patches.  This is a much more basic card, with just a single white swatch.  It looks like the kind of relic cards I first started getting in the early 2000's, horizontal shot with a small swatch on the left side.  

Panini Diamond Kings DK Signatures.  This card took a weirdly long time to get considering my affinity for the Diamond Kings set.  

Bowman Sterling Printing Plate Magenta.  This is my first printing plate, but it will not be the last.  Early on when I was just starting to contemplate collecting Wong, I was outbid on a printing plate, which would have been a great addition.  This does not make up for that one, I really wish I would have bid higher on it, but it's a start.

Panini Diamond Kings Rookie Expression Gold.  I picked this up in a trade on TCDB.  Slightly rarer than the base version and with a multi-colored swatch.  The seller threw in a couple extra cards of vastly different size for my more general Red Sox collection:

1.  Mike Greenwell.  This is the 1991 Topps Cracker Jack mini card.  I did pull a couple of Red Sox cards out of bags of Cracker Jacks much later.

2.  Rafael Devers.  This is one of those box toppers from Topps Heritage.  

Back to Connor Wong:

Panini Prizm Red Mojo.  This was a Mercari order that took an unusually long time to get in.  I had it considered lost for a little while.  But it worked out eventually.

Bowman Blue.  I had the Blue Pattern, which is slightly different, but with a different serial-numbering.  This took me a bit to look for because it just is not all that different.

Topps Chrome Rookie Autographs Green.  I now have eight parallels of this Chrome Auto.

Panini Immaculate Rookie Patch Autographs Holo Silver.  Closing things out for today is this nice three-colored patch/autograph card.  There are a ton of other Immaculate cards out there.

That's it for now.  As usual, there is much more to come.

1 comment: