Friday, March 17, 2023

2001 Fleer Red Sox 100th Introduction

I am going to do something different with my next series.  This is an introduction post to the series.

In 2001, Fleer released a 100th Anniversary set dedicated to the Red Sox.  It was not a large set, made up of just 100 base cards.  There were a couple of insert sets, as well as a game-used bat set, a game-worn jersey set and an autograph set.  I, of course, loved this set.  I think it should have been bigger though.  

This series is going to look at one card for each post in the series.  I do not think I will go so far as to do the autograph and relic sets, particularly since I do not have all of them, but I will decide that later.  I will discuss the player on each card, whether that player was a good choice at the time, and whether that player would still be a good choice if this set came out today.  Finally, who might have been a better choice at both time periods.

I considered doing this as a separate blog, the way Night Owl is currently doing the 1993 Upper Deck set, but I figured it would work just as well in this format.  It just may take a very long time to get through it.  So, buckle up.

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to it! I really should track down more cards for this set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this set in a box lot. The set was packaged with a Boston Red Sox Tractor Trailer Truck. Very unique. Good luck with your pursuit of the set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great set. I wish I had had more disposable income at the time to put together all of the autographs and relics. They tend to be a bit hard to find these days and I only have a handful of them.

    ReplyDelete