Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Topps Chrome and A&G Blasters

After my luck changed with the Stadium Club blaster, I decided to see if I could pull some decent cards out of two new sets: Chrome and Allen & Ginter.  A&G in particular appealed to me because I knew Jason Varitek was in the set.  I started with the Chrome and pulled zilch.  Then I went for the A&G and things were looking real bad, until in the last pack, I pulled these:
This folks, is why I buy packs.  I have not pulled a Red Sox relic or auto since 2013.  I keep track.  It quickly turned around my luck.  Sure, it's not a great relic pull, but it is still exciting.  Especially because of how rare it is that I pull a Red Sox card.  Of course Rick Porcello is not a huge name and will be one of the more obscure pitchers to win a Cy Young Award, but it is still a relic card.  And for an added bonus, I pulled the Yaz card as well.

Here's the breakdown:
CHICAGO CUBS: 6
MIAMI MARLINS: 5
PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES: 4
SAN DIEGO PADRES: 4
TORONTO BLUE JAYS: 4
NEW YORK METS: 3
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS: 3
SEATTLE MARINERS: 3
WASHINGTON NATIONALS: 3
BALTIMORE ORIOLES: 2
BOSTON RED SOX: 2
CINCINNATI REDS: 2
CLEVELAND INDIANS: 2
HOUSTON ASTROS: 2
KANSAS CITY ROYALS: 2
LOS ANGELES DODGERS: 2
NEW YORK YANKEES: 2
PITTSBURGH PIRATES: 2
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS: 2
ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS: 1
ATLANTA BRAVES: 1
CHICAGO WHITE SOX: 1
DETROIT TIGERS: 1
LOS ANGELES ANGELS: 1
MILWAUKEE BREWERS: 1
MINNESOTA TWINS: 1
OAKLAND ATHLETICS: 1
TAMPA BAY RAYS: 1
TEXAS RANGERS: 1
COLORADO ROCKIES: 0

Of course with A&G, the non-baseball cards are plentiful:
OTHER: 14

And the new totals:
BOSTON RED SOX: 92
ATLANTA BRAVES: 81
NEW YORK YANKEES: 78
HOUSTON ASTROS: 77
LOS ANGELES ANGELS: 77
CLEVELAND INDIANS: 74
NEW YORK METS: 68
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS: 68
CHICAGO CUBS: 67
WASHINGTON NATIONALS/MONTREAL EXPOS: 60
MILWAUKEE BREWERS: 59
TORONTO BLUE JAYS: 59
TAMPA BAY RAYS: 57
OAKLAND ATHLETICS: 56
KANSAS CITY ROYALS: 55
LOS ANGELES DODGERS: 53
PITTSBURGH PIRATES: 53
DETROIT TIGERS: 52
PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES: 52
BALTIMORE ORIOLES: 51
SAN DIEGO PADRES: 51
MINNESOTA TWINS: 50
MIAMI MARLINS: 47
SEATTLE MARINERS: 46
ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS: 44
COLORADO ROCKIES: 44
TEXAS RANGERS: 44
CINCINNATI REDS: 43
CHICAGO WHITE SOX: 40
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS: 38
OTHER: 16

The Red Sox are still creeping ahead, but a lot of teams made some moves.

2 comments:

  1. Kate Upton's comment/tweet about how Porcello won the CYA over Verlander is still legendary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats the first thing I think of everytime I hear Rick Porcello's name.

      Delete