Saturday, August 31, 2019

Lindor Set

I talked about the Francisco Lindor Topps online set the other day on my Sandy Alomar Jr. blog.  I bought two cards from the same seller, including the Alomar.  The Red Sox card was an easy choice:
Yep, current manager Alex Cora.  Honestly, I did not know what to expect with this card.  I was surprised to see Cora in the set at all.  I figured with the emphasis on Puerto Rican players, maybe the card would show him as a manager.  He is the first Puerto Rican manager to win a World Series after all.  But no, it shows him playing, and as a Red Sox player even though he was inarguably more successful as a Dodger.  I'm not complaining, I love adding cards like these of obscure and lesser-known players.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with your last statement. I know there isn't much or a market/demand for these types of cards, but I really enjoy adding modern cards of the "forgotten" players to my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely. That's why I enjoyed Fan Favorites so much in its original format. There would be the big names in the set, but it would also include players like Marty Barrett, or in your case, someone like Don Kessinger from 2005's set. I like the autos from the current sets, but I liked it better when this was a full set.

    ReplyDelete