Wednesday, August 28, 2019

A Reminder of the Painful London Series

I would prefer not to remember the debacle that was the London Series against the Yankees.  Boston's pitching was apparently still operating on U.S. time.  Nevertheless, it was an opportunity for some new sets and I decided to add some of the rarer players to appear in one of the sets.

1.  Christian Vazquez.  One of the biggest surprises on the team this year, Vazquez homered in the second game and drove in four runs over the weekend. 

2. Steven Wright.  Despite his off-field problems, I still like Wright because he throws a knuckleball.  I think his Red Sox career is likely over after the season.  He pitched three innings over the weekend, giving up two runs in the first game and struck out three.

3.  Marco Hernandez.  I told you there would be another Hernandez card coming.  Hernandez doubled in the second game of the Series. 

The Series was rough, but adding cards of the above players is always welcome.

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen those cards before. Any idea why Vazquez has two more stars than the other two?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they were available in the UK online only. I could be wrong. I have no idea the reason for the difference in number of stars.

    ReplyDelete