Thursday, April 2, 2015

A Package from The Junior Junkie

I was the beneficiary of one of The Junior Junkie's acts of kindness.  He gave me a Tek pattern I needed for my Sandy Alomar Jr. collection and then he hit a bunch of Red Sox I did not have as well.  A terrific package all around.
1.  2015 Topps Foil Dustin Pedroia.  Hopefully Pedroia is healthy this season.  A healthy Pedroia is a terrific player.

2.  2015 Topps Foil Anthony Ranaudo.  Ranaudo has been traded to Texas for Robbie Ross.

3.  2015 Topps Career Best Anthony Ranaudo Autograph.  What a terrible-looking signature for Ranaudo.  You can barely tell what this says at all.

4.  1985 Topps Rubdown Bill Buckner.  Kind of a weird item here.  It also features appearances from Mike Schmidt, Ryne Sandberg, and Tim Raines.  Buckner was once a big star.  Strange.

5.  2008 Upper Deck Goudey Green Clay Buchholz.  Buchholz has been named Boston's opening day starter.  Hopefully he is good this year.  He is on my fantasy team.

6.  2012 Topps Chrome Purple Refractor Josh Beckett.  Hard to believe Josh Beckett is retired.  Damn injuries.  I will always remember his terrific 2007 season.

7.  2005 Bowman's Best Blue Matt Van Der Bosch.  Van Der Bosch never made it.  He didn't even get to wear a uniform on this card. 

Thanks for the terrific package!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know about Ranaudo. My current baseball knowledge is weak.

    Glad you liked 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was a highly-regarded prospect at one point. He was the minor league pitcher of the year for the Red Sox last year, but he really does not miss enough bats to be anything more than a reliever in the Majors. I was a little disappointed they gave up on him so early, but they have quite a bit of pitching coming up. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete