Thursday, August 1, 2013

Oddballs and Vintage

It was another kind of odd mix of cards that came in yesterday.
1.  1954 Bowman Ellis Kinder.  Kinder was an important pitcher for the Red Sox in the late 1940's and early 1950's.  Nicknamed "Old Folks" due to not making it to the Majors until he was 31, Kinder nevertheless managed to put together a pretty decent career.  This is my first vintage Bowman card.

2.  2005 Jewish Major Leaguers Adam Stern.  I like Stern because he played for my alma mater Nebraska for college.  This is the first card I have found of him individually with the Red Sox.  I like these cards quite a bit but you can almost never find them for a halfway reasonable price.

3.  1995 Collector's Choice Mark Whiten.  Finally, the last card I needed for the expansion send-ins from this set.  I mentioned before that I have been after these because I got the cards to send in but one year too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment