Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Mailday and an A&G Break

A couple of forum trade packages to show off today and then I bought an A&G Blaster.

Up first is a trade for some Bowman Platinum stuff.
1.  2013 Bowman Platinum Top Prospects Matt Barnes.  Barnes is struggling a little this year, but he is currently in Portland.  If he turns things around, which he should, he could get to Boston as soon as late next season.

2.  2013 Bowman Platinum Cracked Ice Blue Will Middlebrooks.  It is nice to see Middlebrooks is back and hitting in Boston.  He hit his first home run since his return on Sunday.  If he can cut down the strikeouts and increase the walks he could still develop into a star.

3.  2013 Bowman Platinum Cracked Ice Blue Jacoby Ellsbury.  He is having a nice season this year.  I am torn.  I want Ellsbury back but I also want Jackie Bradley Jr. in Boston next year.  Something has to give.

The next trade practically depleted my Pirates tradebait.
4.  2011 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Jed Lowrie.  Lowrie could always hit but I think Boston got tired of waiting for him to be healthy.  Now he is getting a chance to prove himself.

5.  2011 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Tris Speaker.  The Grey Eagle was the first superstar that Boston developed.  Unfortunately he had his best seasons with Cleveland after being traded in 1916.  And his Hall of Fame plaque sports a C on his cap.

6.  2011 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Cy Young.  I love this picture.  Those old Boston uniforms were really interesting.

7.  2011 Topps Gypsy Queen Framed Emerald David Ortiz.  I always liked these framed Gypsy Queen cards.  Ortiz is having another terrific season.  He could be a Hall of Famer yet.

8.  2011 Topps Gypsy Queen Framed Emerald Jon Lester.  He pitched well against the Giants yesterday.  Hopefully he can keep it up.  Boston needs good pitching to contend for the postseason.

9.  2010 Topps Legendary Lineage Victor Martinez/Carlos Santana.  V-Mart had a great stint with Boston but I definitely understand why they did not want to take the risk and bring him back for a long contract for a lot of money.

10.  2011 Topps Gypsy Queen The Great Ones Cy Young.  Another great card of the great pitcher.

11.  2011 Topps 60 Years of Topps Carlton Fisk.  Fisk is second to Varitek of my favorite catchers, but I definitely love adding cards of him.

12.  2011 Topps Gypsy Queen Framed Relic Josh Beckett.  This was the highlight of the trade.  I do not really have a lot of good Beckett cards.  Strange.

13.  2012 Bowman Chrome Prospects Boss Moanaroa.  Nice wantlist hit here.  Moanaroa will likely never make the Majors, but he is an interesting story.

The last trade package netted me one of my favorite new players of the year.
14.  2013 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Black Border Jonny Gomes.  Gomes exemplifies the "Boston Strong" theme the team has taken this year.  He has also been an invaluable clutch hitter.

Finally, my A&G Blaster was less than exciting personally.  I don't care a lot for this product because I don't like all the non-baseball cards personally.  So I don't buy much of it, but I typically pick up a blaster or two.  My luck ran out with this blaster.  I did not get many Red Sox and I did not get many really good cards to trade.  Up first is the Red Sox card.
15.  2013 Topps Allen & Ginter Jacoby Ellsbury.  I do like the wide shot here.  Unfortunately this was my only Red Sox card.

And here is all the tradebait.  I would love to move some of this for Red Sox cards.  
I should note, the Schmidt, Ethier, and A-Rod cards are A&G backs.  Please email or comment if you want something.

1 comment:

  1. I'm interested in the two A-Rods and any other Yanks you may have gotten.

    ReplyDelete