Thursday, August 13, 2026

Stadium Club Trade

It's another trade post.  This one got me a few random Stadium Club singles. 

1.  Hirokazu Sawamura.  Sawamura was a valuable bullpen piece in 2021, but his struggles in 2022 led to his release.  This is my second autograph card of him.

2.  Eric Hosmer.  Ah yes, a Hosmer sighting.  Hosmer was acquired at the trading deadline in 2022 after turning down inclusion in the Juan Soto to the Padres deal.  Hosmer did very little in Boston, playing in 14 games and hitting .244/.320/.311.  The deal cost former first-round pick Jay Groome, who never made the Majors.

3.  Alex Bregman.  I will be doing a One Year Wonder post for Bregman some day.  He had a very good season in 2025.  The question is: was he better than Adrian Beltre's sole season in Boston.  I think the answer to that is pretty obvious, but I will still do a post about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment