Sunday, November 14, 2021

More Wantlist Stuff

To date, this is the last trade I have made on the forums.  One of these days I need to update my tradelist and get back out there.  This is pretty base-heavy, but I don't mind deals like this if it knocks off cards from my wantlist.  As I recall, this finished off at least a few team sets.  


The first thing that probably jumps out is the number of star players here, particularly Nomar Garciaparra.  There is a pretty good reason for that.  I kind of get bored getting the same players all the time, even if they are favorites of mine.  So I tend to target fewer cards of them, particularly the base cards.  The last Nomar by the way is an insert reprint, not the 1998 Topps base card.  
 

Most of these cards I just missed.  The Andrew Cashner is the Vintage Stock parallel, and is probably the most interesting card of the bunch.

It is becoming harder and harder to complete team sets.  Cards are in short supply in stores and I have very little time to make trades online or go to the card shop in my hometown, since I rarely go back there anymore.  There are no shops where I am located.  Lately I have been buying case breaks of the Red Sox online.  That has helped somewhat, but is often more expensive than they should be.  I guess the other alternative would be to just buy the team set and whatever inserts, but that is not nearly as much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment