Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Waiting Until Next Year

Recently Tom from the Cubs-centric blog Waiting 'til Next Year contacted me about making a trade regarding some Big League cards.  We quickly worked out some details, and my cards arrived, knocking off a bunch of needs from my wantlist.

His blog title is certainly appropriate for the Red Sox season.  They recently snapped a nine-game losing skid.  Almost halfway through the season, they are in bad shape.
Lots of stuff there, including base cards, blue parallels, orange parallels and even a foil parallel.  It leaves me with a few base cards left on my wantlist.  Of the photos, the Chavis is my favorite as it shows a double play in progress against the Yankees.  That is Aaron Hicks by the way.  Eduardo Rodriguez is the big winner of this lot, as he appears on three cards.  I'm good with that.  I was disappointed he was not going to pitch this season, though I certainly understand the reasons.

Thanks Tom for the great package of cards!

1 comment: