Saturday, May 13, 2017

30 Day Baseball Card Challenge Day 16

DAY 16: A CARD OF A PLAYER WHOM YOU APPRECIATE BUT DON'T LIKE
No, I was never a big fan of Manny Ramirez.  I definitely loved it when he was hitting well and helping the team, but he did so many things that were so frustrating.  From constantly complaining about his contract, to fighting with Kevin Youkilis, to pushing the traveling secretary to the ground.  Of course the worst stuff happened after he complained his way into being traded away.  Manny had a lot of faults as a person, but he was a damn good hitter.  I have a ton of his cards with the Red Sox, but that is more due to his status as a great hitter and getting a ton of cards made.

1 comment:

  1. I was able to tolerate the "Manny Being Manny" stuff right until the very end, because most of it was just stupid small stuff. Pushing the traveling secretary down was the last straw - I lost a lot of respect for him when he did that. Sadly though, a part of me still wants to see him in the Hall of Fame...

    ReplyDelete