Wednesday, March 30, 2016
An Aramis Ramirez Bat Card Yielded This:
1. Matt Thornton. Carrying on with my recent Red Sox focus, Thornton was acquired by Boston during the 2013 season to be a lefty out of the pen. He was injured though and did not play a lot for Boston. He missed the playoffs entirely and left as a free agent.
2. Rafael Devers. Devers is one of Boston's top prospects, in particular their #2 prospect by most prospect lists, though Keith Law had him as their top prospect and the #7 prospect in all of baseball.
3. Dustin Pedroia. Pedroia has declined a bit but if he can put up a few more good seasons, his Hall of Fame likelihood will be that much more assured.
4. Michael Kopech. Boston's #5 prospect has fallen onto some hard times recently with his suspension last year and now hurting his hand in a fight with a teammate. Hopefully he can turn things around because he has talent.
5. Wade Boggs/Bob Ojeda. This is one of the buybacks from this year. Boggs was my first favorite player and is of course a Hall of Famer. Ojeda was a pretty good left-hander that Boston probably should have kept. He helped the Mets win the 1986 World Series over the Red Sox.
So this was a pretty successful trade on my part, I feel.