Monday, May 19, 2014

Some Minor Pickups

I recently bought a few Red Sox minor league singles to go along with a Sandy Alomar Jr. minor league card that it turned out that I already had.
1.  2008 Grandstand Michael Bowden.  Bowden shuttled between the Majors and Minors for a few years.  He never quite reached the potential that made him a supplemental draft choice between the first and second rounds in the 2005 draft.

2.  2003 Grandstamd Jorge De La Rosa.  Yes, De La Rosa came up through the Red Sox minor league system.  He never played for Boston though.  He was part of the trade to the Diamondbacks for Curt Schilling and was then immediately traded to the Brewers for Richie Sexson.

3.  1988 TCMA Triple A All Stars Carlos Quintana.  Quintana was one of my favorite players early on when I got into baseball.  Never really knew why.  Just one of those things I guess.

2 comments:

  1. I was at the Pawsox game Saturday night. I was going to pickup a few set of their team cards for this year. They didn't have the 2014 ones out yet. Later this year I will go again and grab a set for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be great. I would really appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete