Tuesday, November 12, 2013

A Sparkly Pack Break and Some Random Packages

Nothing beats the feeling of getting a great pull from a pack.  As a team collector, any time I can get an insert or a parallel, I consider it a good pull.  I love getting autographs and jerseys, sure, but that's not the only thing I look for.  Sometimes, a parallel is a great hit.  And today was one of those time:
1.  2013 Topps Sapphire Jonny Gomes.  I took a risk today by picking up a hanger pack of 2013 Topps Update from Wal-Mart.  I have all of the base cards.  I just wanted a parallel.  Well it worked out quite well because I got this fantastic parallel of Gomes numbered to just 25.  Definitely worth the risk.  The scan does not do this card justice at all.

2.  2013 Topps Update Wal Mart Blue Junichi Tazawa.  I also got this card, finally getting one of the parallels I was looking for.

3.  2013 Topps Gypsy Queen Ted Williams SP.  I received a few cards from trades as well.  This one and the Doerr came in a trade for a Jeter insert.

4.  2013 Topps Gypsy Queen Bobby Doerr SP.  This same picture appears on virtually very Bobby Doerr card.

5.  2013 Topps Chrome Postseason Heroes David Ortiz.  Definitely a worthy subject of that title, particularly after this year's terrific performance in the World Series.

6.  2013 Topps 1971 Mini David Ortiz.  These two Ortiz cards were picked up in exchange for a couple of Evan Longoria inserts.

No comments:

Post a Comment