Thursday, September 12, 2013

A Make-Up Trade

I mentioned yesterday that I bought a Mike Lowell jersey card after the first one that I seemingly acquired in a trade was apparently lost in the mail.  These are the replacement cards that I received from the trader who felt bad that I was not going to get the Lowell.
1.  2007 Topps Allen & Ginter Mini J.D. Drew.  I was in the minority.  I always liked Drew.  He was not the flashiest player, but he was solid.  I hate it when people say he was a free agent bust.  He provided five seasons of above-average production offensively and defensively.

2.  2007 Bowman Heritage Black Mike Lowell.  Another card of the World Series MVP.

3.  2009 Topps Turkey Red Daisuke Matsuzaka.  His contract was not a complete loss either.  He was terrible or hurt the final three years but he was very good the first two.

4.  2009 Topps Allen & Ginter Mini John Smoltz.  Now this was a bust.  Smoltz never looked comfortable in Boston.

5.  2008 Upper Deck Baseball Heroes Black Jacoby Ellsbury.  I hope he re-signs after this season.  He is a lot of fun to watch.

6.  2013 Topps Gold Ryan Sweeney.  A throw-in in the Andrew Bailey-Josh Reddick trade, he had a good start to 2012 but got hurt and was ineffective after that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment