Thursday, September 28, 2023

400 Connor Wong Cards

Things have been busy.  One of my cases made national news, to the point that my picture appeared on the front page of CNN and my name in the New York Times.  I have been fending off interview requests all week.  So, now that things have calmed down a bit, it's time to show off the latest Connor Wong cards.  The last card in this post is Wong card number 400, which is utterly insane to me.  There are lots of very rare ones in this post.

Panini Mosaic Blue Fluorescent.  Serial-numbered to 15.  The Orange Fluorescent is still the number one card on my Wong wantlist since I never received the card I purchased back in April.  This is a nice add though.

Topps Chrome Platinum Anniversary Autographs Red Refractor.  Autographed card numbered to five.  This is my best card from this set so far.  I would love a shot at the Superfractor.

Topps Chrome Platinum Anniversary Autographs Black Refractor.  Autographed card numbered to ten.  Another big one.  I have made a big dent in this set, but there are several more to go.

Topps Chrome Red Refractor.  Serial-numbered to five.  I was pretty disappointed this week.  The Superfractor popped up.  The price was a bit higher than I would have liked and I hesitated.  It was gone quickly.  

Topps Chrome Platinum Anniversary Platinum Toile Cream/Gold Refractor.  Serial-numbered to 50.

Topps Memorial Day Camo.  Serial-numbered to 50.  I was pleased to see they did something with the borders on this card.  After the Independence Day card just had different colored stars on the sides, I was a little concerned.

Topps Chrome Rookie Autographs Orange Wave Refractor.  Serial-numbered autograph numbered to 25.

So, 400 Connor Wong cards.  That is crazy.  That puts him at #10 in my largest Red Sox players in my collection.  A player who has been with the team for one full season and two partial seasons and may not be the starting catcher beyond next year (first round pick Kyle Teel is tearing up the minors).  Wong is larger than players like Yaz, Devers, Betts, Bogaerts and many more.  And he is gaining fast on others.  This all seems as weird as me appearing on CNN.  It's been a weird week.

1 comment: