Thursday, February 6, 2020

Topps 150 Years of Baseball

I bought one of these online-only cards recently.  These have been popping up a few at a time and there have not been too many that have really made want to pull the trigger.  But then this one popped up:
It is not every day we see new Mo Vaughn cards, so I figured I would jump on it.  I have to say that these cards are not real impressive in person, certainly not enough for the price tag.  The stock is very thin and it just feels kind of cheap.  I thought there would be a little more substance to them and they would be somewhat high-end.  That is absolutely not the case.  It is unlikely I will pick up any others unless the player is someone I must have, though most of my favorites are unlikely to appear in such a set (Varitek, Lin, Sandy Alomar Jr.).  I am happy I bought the Mo Vaughn though.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard bad things about these 150 Years cards in terms of quality. Kind of a shame because they do have some charms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. According to TCDB, this is the first card Topps has produced of him since 2007! New Mo is always welcome!

    ReplyDelete