Saturday, May 25, 2019

Lin Card #100...and More

I finally made some more progress toward my Tzu-Wei Lin collection.  This is card #100, and it is a pretty exciting one for the milestone:
Nice 1/1 and my first Lin printing plate.  I was thrilled to add this card, particularly as it was a bit of a bidding war.

And here are cards 101 and 102:
Here we have the Panini Chronicles Purple parallel, which is numbered out of 99.  This was one of the last parallels I needed from that set.  And then this is the base version of the Legacy of Baseball autograph.  Cards are getting hard to find, unless I want to add a bunch of the Rize cards.  These may be the last Lin cards for awhile.

And last, but certainly not least, card #103:
This is actually the mini Red Refractor, serial-numbered to 10.  So, this has been some legitimate progress toward the Bowman Chrome rainbow.

I am concerned about Lin's future with Boston, particularly in light of Michael Chavis's emergence as a potential star.  Chavis will likely take the bulk of the at-bats at second going forward, with Dustin Pedroia attempting to come back.  Lin suffered a rather poorly-timed injury.  I doubt he will be back in the Majors right away when he comes back.  Hopefully he will find some roster space later this season and stick around for awhile.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the milestone. The plate is nice, but that red Refractor is 🔥 🔥 🔥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. The red parallel is lit. Congrats on hitting the century mark!

      Delete
  2. Congrats. Reaching that plateau isn't so easy when your favorite player hasn't been in too many sets (Lin's inclusion in a lot of sets last year not withstanding).

    ReplyDelete