Saturday, March 16, 2019

Time to Catch Up

In the last few weeks, I have had a three-day trial, argued in front of the Nebraska Court of Appeals, drafted my fantasy team, and then escaped the flooding that has affected the entire Northeastern corner of Nebraska.  Yes, I'm safe, and so are my cards.  And so now, it is time to play catch-up again.  Here is a package I received earlier in the week.

This was the main card in the package and the only one I expected:
This is card #99 in my Tzu-Wei Lin collection.  This is the Gold version of the Legacy of Baseball autograph set that is still the only card he has in 2019.  I was hoping he was going to be in Heritage, but that did not work out.  I figured he would not be in Donruss, which I still need to find.

Then there were a bunch of extra Bowman's Best singles from last year and lo and behold two of them were Red Sox.  Since I did not have any of the Bowman's Best cards from last year, that's two new Red Sox cards.  Awesome.
We have Andrew Benintendi, who I still have issues recognizing without his long hair, and J.D. Martinez.  So two good ones.  I will have a few more posts coming up very soon.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you weren't harmed in the flood. Wish you the best with recovery efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it managed to miss us for the most part. Getting to work takes a little longer as one of the bridges on the usual route was taken out. But it is more of a mild inconvenience for us than a disaster. We were lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you and the cards are safe

    ReplyDelete