Thursday, February 21, 2019

A Trade with ARPSmith

Recently Adam, from the terrific ARPSmith's Sportscard Obsession, contacted me on one of my posts complaining about the crappy breaks from 2019 Topps.  He wanted a few cards from my tradebait and offered up some random Red Sox cards from my wantlist.  I could not turn that down.  I was not sure what he would send, so the package was a nice surprise:
1.  2018 Topps Holiday J.D. Martinez.  It is kind of weird to see cards depicting Martinez in the field.  He was born to be a DH.

2.  2018 Topps Holiday Xander Bogaerts.  Bogaerts may be entering his final season in Boston.  I hope that is not true, but I guess I am preparing.

3.  2018 Topps Fire Fired Up Andrew Benintendi.  I hope to see Benny take the next step to stardom this season.  He has been damn good so far, but he could be the next Red Sox superstar.

4.  2018 Topps Holiday Craig Kimbrel.  Kimbrel is still out there trying to get a new contract.  I do not see Boston bringing him back, which would be a shame, but the team needs to find some way to re-sign its upcoming free agent stars like Betts, Sale and Bogaerts.

5.  2018 Topps Holiday Ian Kinsler.  This is probably the card I was happiest about.  Kinsler is destined to be a one-year wonder.

6.  2018 Topps Gallery Mookie Betts.  If the Red Sox can only sign one of their young stars to a long-term contract, I really want it to be Betts.  He has Franchise Player written all over him.

7.  2019 Topps 1984 Pedro Martinez.  I always liked the 1984 design.  It is one of my favorites from the 80's.

8.  2018 Topps Fire Pedro Martinez.  Martinez is working with Eduardo Rodriguez this Spring.  Hopefully that will pay big dividends for E-Rod.

9.  2017 Topps Update MVP Award Winner Roger Clemens.  Clemens won the AL MVP in 1986, still the only Red Sox pitcher to win the award.

Thanks for the trade Adam!

No comments:

Post a Comment