Friday, March 10, 2017

Wantlist Hits

I finally got back into trading recently and managed to work out one that knocked a bunch of stuff off of my wantlist:
Some of the major holes in my collection are star players from small sets.  That is illustrated here.  I would just get tired of adding the same three or four players all the time.  So players like David Ortiz, Curt Schilling, Pedro Martinez, and Manny Ramirez have a ton of cards on my wantlist.  They would appear in every single set and overshadow other players.
Add Nomar Garciaparra to that list.  Sometimes I would add parallels without adding the base cards, so these three Chrome base cards at the end tended to be missing as well, but I did have multiple different colored refractors of each of them.
Most of these, I have no idea how I missed.  I really like the Clement card.  He started off quite well with the Red Sox before suffering a head injury.  I also really like the Debut cards, always did really.  Kiecker and Naehring each had some impressive moments with the Red Sox over their careers.
And finally, these are mostly inexplicable.  I had no idea I was missing most of these until I set about putting my wantlist together.

2 comments:

  1. I always liked Naehring but he could never stay healthy. He was always about to take off and then get hurt. I think he managed to play over 100 games just twice in his career.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoot me an email or hit me up on Twitter ShaneKatz73 as I'd like to trade for some Heritage stuff. I'm a huge Sox fan as well but just can't collect everything so I know I could fill some of your Sox wants. Thx!

    ReplyDelete