I almost forgot to do one of these. 2015 was not a great year to be a Red Sox fan, but some good stuff happened. They finished in last place but saw the emergence of a number of good, young players. Players like Mookie Betts, Xander Bogaerts, Eduardo Rodriguez, and Blake Swihart look like solid players for years to come. David Ortiz hit his 500th home run and announced that 2016 would be his final season. Pablo Sandoval and Hanley Ramirez disappointed in their first season in Boston, but should be able to bounce back and are still on the team for 2016. We also saw a number of acquisitions that should start to pay dividends in 2016 with the free agent acquisition of David Price, the trade for Craig Kimbrel, and the international free agent signing of Yoan Moncada.
As for cards, I was not quite as active as I usually am. I was very busy with work all year, but that did not stop me for picking up some stuff.
I made a few hobby goals, which were as follows:
1. Knock a couple of cards off of my Top 10 List.So, how did I do?
As of today, that list is:
Some of those should be easy. Some of them will be pretty difficult. I would love to add the #1 card, if I can ever find it.
2. Get up to 500 David Ortiz cards. I have 487 so this should not be hard.
3. Get up to 900 Jason Varitek cards. I have 875 so this will be a little tougher, especially since there are not a ton still out there.
1. I picked up the following: 3, 8, 9, and 10. None of them were terribly difficult to find, but the key is that I got them.
2. I now have 522 David Ortiz cards.
3. I did not make this one. I only made it to 884.
I will probably not make any goals for my Red Sox collection other than to continue to get cards from my wantlists and more Varitek cards.
My favorite card from a pack this year was this one:
That's it for now. Enjoy your New Year's.