Thursday, January 22, 2015

Nice Trade Package

I have made a number of trades lately that will help fill some holes.  There are a ton of 2014 cards on my wantlist right now, so this definitely helped with that.  

The first trade was for a few Cardinals cards and resulted in this:
1.  2014 Bowman Chrome Mini Xander Bogaerts.  Xander has been growing in my collection.  Hopefully he is ready to become the star we suspect he will be this year.

2.  2014 Bowman Prospects Purple Trey Ball.  Ball improved as the season went on last year, which is good, because he is one of the highest draft picks Boston has had in years.

3.  2014 Topps Update Future is Now Mookie Betts 1.  Betts is going to be one of the fastest growing players in my collection in 2015.  I am up to 10 now.  It is likely I will be near 30 or 40 by the end of the year.

4.  2014 Topps Wal Mart Blue Koji Uehara.  Uehara was one of the fastest growing players last year.  He is currently one of my favorite players to compile cards of.

5.  1995 Fleer Update Vaughn Eshelman.  Eshelman was one of the rare Rule 5 players Boston picked up that stuck around for a while.  He was immediately successful winning his first three starts in 1995.

6.  1995 Fleer Update Lee Tinsley.  Tinsley was a fairly decent regular for Boston in 1995, hitting .284/.359/.402 with seven home runs and 18 stolen bases.

7.  1996 Fleer Dwayne Hosey.  Hosey had a terrific stretch in the end of 1995, displacing Lee Tinsley and Willie McGee while hitting .338/.408/.618 with three home runs in 24 games.  He was given the starting job in 1996, but could not hold on to it.

8.  2014 Bowman 1989 Wade Boggs.  There were a few of these nice-looking inserts last year for the Red Sox.  I have the Bogaerts, now I have the Boggs.  I think there is an Ellsbury as well.  I am not as excited about the Ellsbury for obvious reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment