Monday, August 11, 2014

Parallel Madness

I was visiting the in-laws and my parents in my hometown over the weekend and actually had the time to visit the local card shop.  Despite the fact that my visits are becoming more and more rare, the owner still puts aside Red Sox cards for me.  He no longer saves every single auto or relic, but he still saves the parallels and base.  And thus, I picked these up:
1.  2013 Topps Blue Sparkle Joel Hanrahan.  One of many bad trades for closers that Boston has made recently.  Hanrahan was inconsistent for the first two weeks and then had to get Tommy John surgery.

2.  2013 Topps Blue Sparkle Felix Doubront.  I am disappointed by how things worked out with Doubront.  I was really excited to see him develop and he just could not take the next step forward.

3.  2013 Topps Archives Day Glo Brock Holt.  Holt has been the team MVP this season.

4.  2013 Topps Update Emerald Jake Peavy.  Last year's big pickup at the trade deadline (for Jose Iglesias and others) was sent to the Giants recently for a couple of young arms.

5.  2013 Topps Update Emerald Dustin Pedroia AS.  Pedroia is having a bit of a down season, just like the rest of the team.

6.  2013 Topps Update Emerald Matt Thornton.  Thornton was recently traded from the Yankees despite having a very good season.

7.  2013 Topps Update Emerald Mike Carp.  Carp was DFA'd last week.  Another loss from last season's World Series winning team.

8.  2013 Topps Update Gold Clay Buchholz AS.  Whenever I see Buchholz's name as the starting pitcher, I cringe.  Just no idea what to expect.

9.  2013 Topps Update Gold Junichi Tazawa.  He has become a bit homer-happy lately, which has been very frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment