Thursday, April 10, 2014

Some Hits from the Wantlist

I have not been doing too well with knocking stuff off of my wantlist lately.  Coupled with the fact that I have added a bunch of cards from recent releases to the wantlist means that it is actually growing rather than shrinking.  Not the way I prefer things to go.  So I picked up a few things with a couple of trades and a couple of buys off of Ebay.  
1.  2014 Donruss Elite Dominator Curt Schilling.  Excellent looking card that actually manages to hide the lack of MLB license rather well.  Schilling should be in the Hall of Fame.  

2.  2014 Donruss press Proof Jon Lester.  Lester has pitched well this season despite losing both games.  Damn lack of offense.

3.  2014 Donruss David Ortiz DK.  Diamond Kings are back!  I just wish they were still illustrated by Dick Perez.  

4.  2014 Donruss Xander Bogaerts RR.  So are Rated Rookies!  With the classic logo!

5.  2014 Topps Opening Day Game Used Material Koji Uehara.  I saw this and I had to have it.  Koji was such a terrific player last season.  I love the celebration shot.

6.  2013 Panini Hometown Heroes Sportdiscs Jason Varitek.  Nice disc card that calls to mind some of the Sportflics and disc cards from the early 1990's.  Plus it's my favorite player.

7.  1993 Upper Deck Season Highlights Jeff Reardon.  I have always liked closers.  Reardon was the first Red Sox closer I was aware of when I started watching baseball.  I remember him breaking Rollie Fingers's saves record in 1992.  He was traded not long after that and Lee Smith pretty much immediately broke his record.

8.  2014 Topps Opening Day Jonny Gomes.  I love this shot.  Gomes may be out of a job soon though with the emergence of Jackie Bradley Jr., the impressive hitting of Grady Sizemore, and Shane Victorino's return from the DL.

9.  2014 Topps 1989 Mini Ted Williams.  

10.  2014 Topps Opening Day Mascots Wally the Green Monster.  I am not a big fan of mascot cards and do not go out of my way to get them.  If I get them in a trade or pack, that is fine.

11.  2014 Topps Opening Day Dustin Pedroia.  Must have been an exciting play.

12.  2012 Topps Chrome Blue Refractor Jon Lester.

13.  2014 Topps Opening Day Stars David Ortiz.  I love these 3D cards.

14.  2011 Finest Refractor Clay Buchholz.  

15.  2010 Topps Chrome Xfractor John Lackey.  He looks as good as he did last year.  Good, because he's on my fantasy team.

Finally, I picked up another blaster of Heritage, trying to pick up the last several Red Sox I needed.  Not much got accomplished.  If anyone has any Red Sox heritage they want to get rid of, let me know.
16.  2014 Topps Heritage Will Middlebrooks.

17.  2014 Topps Heritage Will Middlebrooks/Allen Craig WS.  Not the World Series card I wanted the most.  Not even sure you can really call it a Red Sox card, but Middlebrooks is just as important in the shot as Craig, so I will give it a pass.

18.  2014 Topps Heritage Jonny Gomes.

1 comment: