Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Mailday Explosion 05/28

The holiday weekend pushed a bunch of packages together yesterday.  I had a number of items in the mail, including the new Hypocrisy CD, but that is a topic for my other blog.

Up first is an item I randomly bid on on Ebay because the price was low:
1.  2013 Topps Museum Collection Autographs Will Middlebrooks.  Middlebrooks is on the DL right now with some back issues.  Hopefully he comes back strong.  He has shown a lot of power and very little patience so far this year.

2.  2010 Bowman Platinum Autographs Refractor Alex Wilson.  Another random Ebay win.  Wilson had been doing quite well in the Red Sox bullpen so far this year.  Of course I get this card and he gets sent down to Pawtucket to make room for the return of Jackie Bradley, Jr.  

The next two scans are some cards I received in a forum trade for all of my Royals tradebait. 

3.  2013 Topps Gypsy Queen David Ortiz.

4.  2013 Topps Gypsy Queen Dustin Pedroia.

5.  2013 Topps Gypsy Queen Bill Buckner.  I am not quite sure why Buckner was included in this set.  There are a number of retired players in this set for the Red Sox, but the others are Ted Williams, Bobby Doerr, Jim Rice, Wade Boggs, and Carlton Fisk, all Hall of Famers.  Buckner did not come close.  I am not complaining, I like getting cards of Buckner, just do not understand it.

6.  2013 Topps Gypsy Queen Clay Buchholz.

7.  2013 Topps Gypsy Queen Jacoby Ellsbury.

8.  2012 Bowman Prospects Purple Brandon Jacobs.  He is struggling a bit in the minors.  I do not think he will make it to the Majors unless he improves big time.

9.  2010 Topps 206 Chrome Jacoby Ellsbury.

10.  2010 Topps National Chicle Chrome Jacoby Ellsbury.

11.  2010 Topps National Chicle Chrome Daisuke Matsuzaka.

12.  2008 Topps Moments & Milestones Black Manny Ramirez.  

13.  2008 Topps Moments & Milestones Black Daisuke Matsuzaka.  If I was more patient I may pick a player some day to complete one of these M&M sets for.  I am leaning towards Mike Lowell because of the relatively low price.  The Generation Now Papelbon set is another one.

Finally these two came in exchange for some random Bowman singles. 
14.  2013 Bowman Gold Dustin Pedroia

15.  2013 Bowman Homestate/International Will Middlebrooks.  Middlebrooks is taking off in my collection.  I already have nearly 30 cards of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment