Friday, May 31, 2013

A couple of Mailday Packages

I actually received three packages today, but the other one was a trade with another blogger, and those deserve their own post.

Up first is a trade for a few Pirates inserts from this year.
1.  2000 Skybox Dominion John Valentin.  I am always a little surprised when I find cards from the late 1990's/early 2000's that I do not have.  That time period represented one of my heaviest collecting periods.  It is even stranger when it is a base card of a player like Valentin who I collected pretty hardcore.

2.  1993 Donruss Diamond Kings Roger Clemens.  I have mentioned before that I love the Diamond Kings, whether they were subsets in the main set, inserts, or the main set themselves.  This is one of the few I still needed and is the highlight from this package.

3.  2000 Pacific Ruby Trot Nixon.  Ah the ubiquitous Pacific parallels.  This trader did not even know this was a parallel because he never mentioned it.  It is not a rare parallel, I think these were pretty common.

4.  2000 Victory John Valentin.  Another one, really?

Next is a trade that I made for some random Topps inserts.
5.  2013 Topps The Greats Ted Williams.  I wonder how rare these were.  I never pulled one from a pack.  But Ted Williams is definitely a favorite.

6.  2012 Topps Chrome Purple Refractor Carl Crawford.  I love this action shot.  It's too bad Red Sox fans never got to see the true Carl Crawford in his time with Boston.  One of my big disappointments as a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment