Friday, April 28, 2023

The Next Couple Wong Cards

Here are a couple more Connor Wong cards from the recent binge.  These are both base cards, sort of.

1.  Finest Flashbacks.  This is one of my favorite photos of Wong so far, with the full catcher's gear (one thing that will become clear quickly is the number of times photos are re-used for different sets, but this one is only found in this set).  This set is designed after the 1995 Finest set.  I think these were only available online.  

2.  Panini Capstone.  I have said before that Panini's best cards are catcher cards in full gear.  You can fool yourself into believing they have an MLB license.  This is actually a short-printed card.  The scan does not show the unique texture of the card.

I am up to 15 Wong cards.  According to TCDB, I am tied for 9th place.  I will be moving quickly up the list, but #1 has more than 150 cards of him.  That seems ambitious at the moment, but I will see what happens.

I was pretty disappointed that I did not win one auction recently.  I was bidding on a printing plate that I was outbid on at the last moment.  That kind of sealed the deal for me for starting a new player collection.  I did not intend to get that invested.  Alas, that really frustrated me.

No comments:

Post a Comment