Tuesday, April 25, 2023

A Wong-derful Mailday

Well, here we are.  It's the first official post with the subject of a new mini-player collection.  I decided on Connor Wong.  He's young enough and a promising player.  There are a couple of caveats:

1.  Obviously I will not be going for his Dodgers cards, just like with Jason Varitek's minor league cards in the Mariners organization and Steven Wright's Indians cards (during the short time I was focusing on him).  

2.  I do not think it is likely that I will be "super-collecting" him.  Wong already has nearly 800 cards with the Red Sox as a result of the absolutely insane number of parallels from each set he appeared in last year.  I want to get as many as I can during this time period, but I am not going to be spending hundreds of dollars tracking down each and every parallel.  I just want to get what I can.  

With all of that said, I have quite a few coming in.  Today, I have a few to show off:

My first high-end Wong card is this Panini Chronicles Spectra Neon Blue card.  It has an impressive three-color patch and an autograph.  This is serial-numbered to 99, which certainly helped me grab it for a decent price.

And here we have a couple of parallels.  The first is the Light Blue Select parallel.  The second is the Bowman Sky Blue parallel from Bowman.  It was not intentional that all three cards were some sort of blue parallel, but it worked out that way.  I bought several cheaper cards all in one shot, and not all of them were blue parallels.

So, here we go.  I will keep the Varitek collection going, as well as still trying to find Tzu-Wei Lin cards.  I just have a new focus for a little bit.  We will see how the season goes.

I guess if anyone out there has any that are not listed on the have list that is now one of the pages to the right of this post, I would love to trade.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new collection and nice lot of shiny blue to kick it off.

    ReplyDelete