Friday, April 14, 2023

The Jason Varitek Quest for 1,000: #991

I have been, I guess you could say "auditing" my collection recently.  I have been cataloguing everything on TCDB and that has led to some interesting gaps in my collection page.  Two Varitek cards appeared on my full team collection page that were not on the Varitek list page and not numbered, which led to me having two more cards than I thought I did.  I think my current count is correct.  Making this Piedmont back from 2022 Topps 206 my 991st Varitek card.

I was rather dismayed to learn that I have several cards that were not listed on TCDB, including a few buybacks and some weird stamped national oddballs of other cards.  So, my count on TCDB is 980.  I was also disappointed to learn I did not have the most Varitek cards on the site.  In fact, someone has 300 more cards.  I guess much of that can be attributed to the fact that after about 2008, Varitek was more of a secondary focus in my Red Sox collection.  I am missing a great number of parallels, particularly in recent years.

 Anyway, nine cards to 1,000.  Or 20.  Maybe.

1 comment:

  1. I know especially with the buybacks you can have the cards added to the TCDB checklist. Depending on the oddballs, they may want a checklist first.

    ReplyDelete