Saturday, April 15, 2023

Living Set: Alex Verdugo

 

So, I guess Living Set is still going.  I guess I should not be surprised by that.  I do wonder if there have been any players who have appeared in the four-plus year going set more than once.  I am sure if there has been, it is almost certainly a Yankee player.  Probably Aaron Judge.  I could check, but I am not that motivated right now.  

Anyway, here is Alex Verdugo, who is still my pick for a breakout season in 2023.  As of this writing, he has had a good start to the season.  Hopefully that will continue.  I would love to see him develop into an All Star-caliber player.  

2 comments:

  1. You made me curious about players appearing in the Living Set more than once so I checked Judge, along with Mike Trout and Shohei Ohtani. They each have just one card - but Albert Pujols appears as both an Angel (2018) and a Cardinal (2023)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That surprises me. I figured they would do something for Judge's season last year.

      I know at the beginning they said they would not do more than one card for a player unless he switched teams, maybe they are actually still sticking to that.

      Delete