Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Another Lot of Devers

Here I have yet another lot of Rafael Devers cards purchased off of Ebay.  I may be done with these, unless I find something really good again in my quest for 300.  This was a lot of 28 cards, 13 of which were new to me.  With a decent price, I decided that was worth it.

Most of these are base cards, but there are some highlights.  First off is the relic card.  Believe it or not, I think this is my first Devers relic card.  I do have an autograph card previously, and I may have to look back at it, but I'm pretty sure this is my first.  That seems really odd.  

Several of these cards came from Panini, including a couple of Chronicles cards.  I'm pretty sure I could come close to 300 Devers cards just by hunting down the rest of the Chronicles cards I need.  There is also the Donruss Optic version of the Diamond King card.  I have heard that Panini will not be producing baseball cards in 2023, I hope that is not true, but I suspect it might be.  Panini's deal with the Player's Union has ended.  I would hope they could at least still produce historical sets, like the Diamond Kings set.  We need another really good historical set with big player selection.

But, back to Devers:

Here we have another Chronicles card and a couple more random cards, including the Home Run Challenge game card, which I never took part in.  I like the Chrome Refractor version of the 1965 insert as well.

So, that's 13 more Devers cards, bringing me up to 245 cards.  55 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment