Tuesday, April 4, 2023

2021 Topps All Star Rookie Cup Cards

Yesterday, I did some cards from the Steve Aoki set.  Today, I am showing a couple of cards from the 2021 Topps All Star Rookie Cup set that kind of went by unnoticed by me.  I vaguely remember looking at it when it came out and checking for Sandy Alomar Jr. cards, but he did not appear in the set and I lost track of it.  It was another online set and when I bought the Aoki cards, I bought a couple of these as well.

1.  Rafael Devers.  Of course I had to grab the Devers card.  I am a little confused by this set using older designs, particularly when it comes to Devers being shown with the 1964 design.  I do love this trophy though, much more elaborate than the later trophy design.  Devers was the 2017 All Star Rookie Third-Baseman even though he did not play the full season.  He hit .284/.338/.482 with ten home runs, 30 RBIs and 14 doubles in just 58 games.

2.  Carlton Fisk.  Fisk is one of my favorite Hall of Famers to get cards of.  Fisk at least played during 1987, but he was far from a rookie.  Also, this picture came from a few years after his rookie season.  Fisk was the 1972 All Star Rookie for catcher.  It was an easy choice since he was the unanimous Rookie of the Year.  He hit .293/.370/.538 with 22 home runs and 61 RBIs.

No comments:

Post a Comment